Our Workmanship Standards
Precise Cables is certified in the following workmanship standards:
IPC/WHMA-A-620; Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
J-STD-001(S); Requirements for Soldering Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, including Space Applications Electronic Hardware Addendum
NASA-STD-8739.4; Workmanship Standard for Crimping, Interconnecting Cables,
Harnesses, and Wiring
NASA-STD-8739.1; Workmanship Standard for Polymeric Application on Electronic Assemblies
- ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Certified – Standardized Quality Management System (QMS) for the aerospace industry.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registered and compliant – Controls the export and import of defense-related articles and services on the United States Munitions List (USML)
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), Level 2 compliant – Designed to ensure that cybersecurity controls and processes adequately protect controlled unclassified information, also known as CUI, that resides on defense industrial base systems and networks
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) compliant – Conducts and certifies components and/or assemblies through rigorous independent research and analysis of safety data
- RoHS : originated in the European Union in 2002 and restricts the use of several materials found in electrical and electronic products.
- REACH : originated in the European Union in 2007 and establishes procedures for collecting and assessing information on the properties and hazards of substances
- Conflict Minerals : originated from the 2010 Dodd-Frank Act to address the international trade and use of Conflict Minerals, or raw materials that come from a particular part of the world where conflict is occurring and affects the mining and trading of those materials
- Toxic Substances Control Act, Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic Chemicals (TSCA PBT) – implemented to reduce exposures to certain chemicals that build up in the environment over time and can therefore have potential risks for exposed populations, including the general population, consumers and commercial users, and susceptible subpopulations (such as workers, subsistence fishers, tribes and children). Ref: https://www.epa.gov
Personnel (individual personal certifications):
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 – Workmanship Standard for Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- J-STD-001(S) – Workmanship Standard for Requirements for Soldering Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, including Space Applications Electronic Hardware Addendum
- NASA-STD-8739.1 – Workmanship Standard for Polymeric Application on Electronic Assemblies
- NASA-STD-8739.4 – Workmanship Standard for Crimping, Interconnecting Cables, Harnesses, and Wiring
Certified On-Site Trainers:
- NASA-STD-8739.4 Level B Instructor
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 & J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)
To our valued suppliers: Please click on PCI External Provider button
to review PCI’s requirements for all suppliers.
About Precise Cables
Founded in 1988 by Billie Van Ark, Precise Cables Inc. has come a long way from its beginnings as a home-based business. When Billie first started out, her passion to provide a fabrication solution drove her to begin a grassroots research process that over the past three decades has allowed Precise Cables Inc. to offer you best customer experience and highest quality products. We now serve customers all over the world, and are thrilled that we’re able to turn our passion into your designed products.